This award comes with four rules....
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
2. Tell us seven things about yourself
3. Award seven recently discovered new bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve received the award
So here goes.....
1. Thankyou so much, Manda, looking forward to immersing myself in your blog!
- I would very much like to raise goats..... and bees.
- I am a qualified and rehabilitated ex-teacher - staying at home is a far better career, I feel.
- I love having my feet rubbed - by my husband, my girlfriends, my kids (although we are still working on longevity - its about quality AND quantity, you know!), and, if necessary, random people on the street.
- I am passionate about sustainability and living simply.
- I am
addicted toa high level user of Facebook. Not in an oh-my-god-I-have-no-life way, more in a networking, researching kind of way.
- I enjoy cooking. I've been married for ten years, and only discovered that 12 months ago. My husband is very relieved.
- I have travelled Australia, and left my heart in the North of Western Australia. I plan to return there later this year to find it.
Memoirs of a Modern Day Mumma - I just found this blog today and love it. I have a thing for 'mummy bloggers'.
Earth Angel Mumma - this is a local mumma (SW Western Australia) who I have been following on Facebook (researching, networking...) for a while. I love her thoughts. She is a natural parenting advocate who is working towards a simpler, more sustainable lifestyle, and, well, it resonates!
Kith and Kins - I like this mumma's style. She writes her blog to her bubba, documenting all the milestones that are important to her, and will be to him one day too. I feel privileged to be reading, almost as if I have been invited along for the ride.
The Urban Hippy - this is a girl after my own heart. She is new to blogging (around the same time as me) and seems to be on a bit of a journey of self discovery... and I love her garden!
Bella Rae - this is blog that belongs to a friend of mine. She is a very talented lady who makes all kinds of gorgeous things from upcycled and vintage materials and objects, and does the market rounds here, as well as selling on madeit.com.au.
My last two are definitely not new bloggers, but they are the two bloggers that inspired me above all others to begin writing about my own journey.
Towards Sustainability - when I first came across Julie's blog, I sat for an entire day and read it backwards (from her first post to her last) and was so inspired. This lady came from a similar start to me and the way she worked through her discoveries made me believe that, I, too, could walk this walk. I wonder if she knows how much she encourages other through her words.
Eco-Milf - the author of this blog, Meagan, writes beautifully about parenting her two gorgeous children. Her words have had such an impact on me and caused me to reflect on not only how I parent my two young girls, but why I parent that way. I have been compelled to take up a gentler, more intentional way of being with my children, and fill their days with meaningful things.
So there's my seven inspiring blogs! I will now take myself off to share the good news with them, so that they can continue this blessing throughout blog-land!